Aesthete In Harlem


Strange,
That in this nigger place,
I should meet Life face to face
When for years, I had been seeking
Life in places gentler speaking
Until I came to this near street
And found Life--stepping on my feet!
-Langston Hughes

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Me v You

Moonlight snow
Moonlight show
Tears of joy
Brings tears of coy
Relaxation is far from me
Far from me is far from you
Beneath me is beneath you
Clouds of gray they
Leap before thee
As lions circle without fright
If you catch me now then
you won't know
All the things I tried to secure
To protect you I care the most
Because without you there is no hope
You keep me sane from this insanity
So come on then
You try to trick me?
No way I'm going to let precipitation
cause on thee
Just you wait and see
It's Me v You.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What did you think?