Aesthete In Harlem


Strange,
That in this nigger place,
I should meet Life face to face
When for years, I had been seeking
Life in places gentler speaking
Until I came to this near street
And found Life--stepping on my feet!
-Langston Hughes

Monday, May 10, 2010

Swing a Pendulum

My mind goes like a pendulum
Back and forth then forth then back
When my head hits the top that's when it corrupts
Watch it take over Osama Bin Laden
They won't ever catch him
Maybe I will with this toy in my head
It's the most dangerous of all

1 comment:

  1. Dammmmmmmmmmnnn this is very interesting. Seems like you were thinking outside the box with this one, that's good, I like it! You're real versatile with the different types of poems you write! Good job and I LOVE YOU NIEVES!

    ReplyDelete

What did you think?