Aesthete In Harlem


Strange,
That in this nigger place,
I should meet Life face to face
When for years, I had been seeking
Life in places gentler speaking
Until I came to this near street
And found Life--stepping on my feet!
-Langston Hughes

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Something about Me

Two floor house
A family of five
Living in one roof
Wondering if they will survive

Every day is the same day
Every night is the same night
Getting home from work
You just hear fussing and screaming
Why won't it go away?
Is this every teenager's dream?
To live in a house where rules don't matter?
It matters to me alright!
Most people don't like rules
But I do.

Something about me
I like things put in place
When they don't go right of course.
You can say I'm crazy
Or say this ain't poetry

Something about me
I'm not like anyone else
Don't compare me to anyone else
Not you,
Not the World, and
Not even the other four.

Two floor house
A Family of five
Living in one roof
Wondering if they will survive.

1 comment:

  1. I like this one. It's a great poem. I like the don't compare me to the other four part lol it's funny but very true. You really are one of a kind and I'm glad to know that:)
    I love you baaabe

    ReplyDelete

What did you think?